- Low Deposit from $299*pp
- 8 Day Touring Experience
- All Onboard Meals & Breakfast Daily
- Onshore Tours, Nature Walks & Excursions
Exclusive Bonus Value
- Upgrade From 3 to 4 Night Cruise
- Cabin Upgrade on PS Murray Princess
- Room Upgrade at Hilton Adelaide
- Barossa Wine & Heritage Tour
Why We Love It
- Explore South Australia’s outback & riverlands
- All meals onboard + Breakfast Daily
- Taste Australia’s most renowned wines
- Relax in centrally located Hilton Adelaide
My Holiday Centre Package Inclusions
- 3 nights accommodation at Hilton Adelaide
- 4 night Murray River Cruise aboard PS Murray Princess in an Outside Twin Cabin
- All meals onboard Murray River Cruise
- Hand-selected onshore tours, guided nature walks & eco-excursions
- Live entertainment, presentations & complimentary W-Fi onboard
- Return transfers from Adelaide city to Mannum Wharf
- BONUS Upgrade from 3 Night Discovery Cruise to 4 Night Outback Heritage cruise
- BONUS Upgrade to Outside Twin Cabin
- BONUS Barossa Wine & Heritage full-day tour with two-course lunch
- BONUS Breakfast daily at Hilton Adelaide
- BONUS Room upgrade to a Hilton Deluxe Room
- BONUS 3 x $30 drink vouchers at Hilton Adelaide
- BONUS Bottle of wine on arrival at Hilton Adelaide
- BONUS Late check-out at Hilton Adelaide
- BONUS Exclusive Package Savings
- Airport transfers
- Travel insurance
- Onboard drinks
- Optional gratitudes
- Additional services onboard
- Anything not explicitly listed under inclusions is at you own expense
Destinations and Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive Adelaide
Upon arrival, make your own way to the acclaimed Hilton Adelaide to begin your cosmopolitan adventure. Known as the city of churches and home to renowned museums, Adelaide is bursting with arts, culture, flavours and entertainment. Get a taste of world-famous wine regions and award-winning restaurants right at your fingertips.
Day 2: Embark PS Murray Princess at Mannum (B, D)
Make your way to the Adelaide Central Bus Station for a transfer to historic Mannum, the birthplace of the Murray River trade and communication. Step aboard PS Murray Princess for a mid-afternoon departure. Enjoy a Welcome Dinner as the cruise heads upriver. As you cruise under floodlight to our overnight mooring at Caurnamont, you may see nocturnal wildlife on the riverbank. Watch for kangaroos, hairy-nosed wombats, tortoises, egrets and many other species. Our on-board entertainer provides music for the night owls.
Day 3: Murray River Outback Heritage Cruise (B, L, D)
Daybreak and it’s time for the keen photographers to be out to capture the special light and the morning movement of wildlife. Prolific birdlife includes pelicans, wrens and swans. Enjoy a leisurely morning and lunch cruising upriver to Blanchetown through one of 13 locks which maintain the flow and levels of water. This afternoon we moor opposite to the township of Blanchetown for our overnight anchorage. As the last rays of the sun fade, we visit Burk Salter Boutique Winery and enjoy wine tasting at the cellar door which is fitted out with beautiful red gum bars. After dinner, join us for all the fun and excitement, and participate in our “Murray River Cup”.
Day 4: Murray River Outback Heritage Cruise (B, L, D)
After breakfast we cruise downriver to picturesque Swan Reach. The town was first settled in the 1850s, was originally the largest of five sheep and cattle stations in the area and is now home to native flower and fruit growers. The original Swan Reach homestead is now the Swan Reach Hotel where you can enjoy an ale or cappuccino overlooking the Murray River (additional cost). Join a walking tour and visit the Swan Reach Museum (gold coin donation at entry). Cruise downriver after lunch and take in the tranquillity as the landscape slides by. When we arrive at Sunnydale, it’s all ashore for the Woolshed Show as we recreate typical Australian woolshed history. Later we visit the Native Wildlife Shelter where some of South Australia’s most interesting native animals are cared for. And then of course, there is the great Aussie Barbecue – cooked and served in a bush setting on the banks of the mighty Murray River. After dinner, there are two optional onshore tours to choose from (additional cost). A Nocturnal Tour in a comfortable purpose-built cart where you may see kangaroos, wombats, foxes, bats and owls and the Dark Sky Night Tour where you will be taken to an internationally recognised Dark Sky Reserve to observe the stars of the Milky Way. Night viewing binoculars and a telescope with a digital control locator are available plus a tablet to locate and name what can be observed with the naked eye.
Day 5: Murray River Outback Heritage Cruise (B, L, D)
After an optional early morning Bush Tucker Breakfast (additional cost) or a bush walk with the Captain, the vessel cruises slowly downriver past magnificent cliffs scoured by the river over millions of years. We reach Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve, one of Australia’s most significant archaeological sites, for a step back in time – tens of thousands of years – for a guided boardwalk tour to view ancient rock carvings and to learn about Aboriginal history in the area. We return to the vessel to cruise downriver to Younghusband. Along the way, adventure seekers can also take a scenic tender boat ride. Tonight, join the Officers for complimentary pre-dinner drinks (sparkling wine and soft drinks) before a delicious dinner.
Day 6: Disembark PS Murray Princess at Mannum, Barossa Wine & Heritage Tour (B, MT, L)
After breakfast we reluctantly bid farewell as we arrive at the Mannum Wharf. Depart Mannum and travel into the famous Barossa, Australia’s richest and best-known wine making region. Your first stop is at Jacob’s Creek Visitor Centre, where you will enjoy morning tea, followed by a structured tasting of five wines. Next visit Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop, and learn about Maggie and her story, as well as the history behind the Farm. Enjoy a short cooking demonstration, and taste a range of her produce, including any new products that are in development. Lunch is a two course gourmet feast at Lambert Estate, incorporating fresh regional produce available in season. Pair this with a glass of wine (own cost), and take in the magnificent outlook from the deck of this popular vineyard. Your final stop is Gully Gardens at Angaston, a local producer of dried fruits and confectionery. Enjoy a short video that showcases the fruits that are grown at Gully Gardens, the cutting and drying process and how they create tasty and unique confectionery products. Tasting samples will be offered whilst browsing the shop before heading back to Mannum. Sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery as you travel back through the picturesque Eden Valley. View the Murrayland flats from atop Palmer hill as you descend down into Mannum where you will then transfer to a luxury coach for your journey back to Adelaide arriving at approximately 5.30pm.
Day 7: Free Time (B)
Today is your free day to explore the city at your leisure.
Day 8: Depart Adelaide (B)
After one final breakfast, bid farewell to multicultural Adelaide with lasting memories and make your own way to the airport.
Valid for travel: 31 January 2021; 21 February 2021; 28 March 2021 (last cabins on request, please call to check availability); 04 April 2021; 02 May 2021; 23 May 2021; 06 June 2021; 04 July 2021; 18 July 2021; 25 July 2021; 01 August 2021; 22 August 2021
Surcharges or blackouts may apply during peak travel periods. Subject to availability.
Beautifully overlooking Victoria Square in the heart of Adelaide’s entertainment and shopping district, the Central Markets and Chinatown are just steps away. Enjoy direct access to the tram taking you to seaside Glenelg or along the North Terrace to the Casino. The Hilton Adelaide sets the standard for hospitality in South Australia boasting elegant rooms, a state-of-the-art gym, outdoor heated swimming pool with spa, tennis court and jogging track. Experience a glass-encased wine cellar housing over 500 wine labels and try South Australian cuisine at one of the onsite restaurants.
Hilton Deluxe Room
Relax in a bright and airy Deluxe Room with a window opening to views of the city or hills, plus modern décor and thoughtful amenities. Enjoy an in-room movie while relaxing on the lounge chair or unwind in the modern bathroom with a separate walk-in shower before retreating to the comfort of the Hilton Serenity beds.
Please note: Some facilities may incur additional charges.
- On-site restaurant
- Coffee shop
- Gift shop
- Bar / lounge
- Outdoor pool
- Fitness centre
- Business centre
- Executive lounge (temporarily closed)
- Room service
- Meeting rooms
- Paid Wi-Fi
- Complimentary instant coffee & tea
- Wine & champagne
- Baggage storage
- Non-smoking hotel
- Dry cleaning
- Laundry service
- Ironing service
- Car park
- Paid private parking nearby
Spend 4 comfortable and entertaining nights aboard the traditional paddlewheeler, PS Murray Princess, with all meals included while cruising the peaceful waters of the Murray River. On this tour you will explore South Australia’s extraordinary outback and riverlands with exciting hand-selected onshore tours and observe the historic townships and trade routes that define this region. Taste and experience some of Australia’s most renowned wines and immerse yourself in the heritage of the Barossa region before returning to charming Adelaide where you will relax in centrally located 5-star Hilton Adelaide.
- Deposit: $299 per person
- Single supplement: Additional $800 per person is payable for single travellers
- Child price (4 years and above): Same as adult price
- Triple share: Not available
- Prices are based on twin beds in the cruise cabin. Double bed in the cruise cabin is not available. Prices are correct at time of publication and are subject to availability, change, cancellation or withdrawal without notice. All prices are in Australian dollars per person twin share unless stated otherwise.
- Children under 4 years of age are not permitted. The cruise and tours involve adult activities and wine tasting experiences not recommended for young children.
- A low to moderate level of fitness is required. You will be expected to alight from coaches on your own accord. A certificate of fitness of travel by your doctor is required for passengers over 80 years of age and/or passengers with limited mobility, and a copy must be produced on request.
- Travel insurance is not included and is strongly recommended. Ask our holiday experts for great coverage options.
- Each change: $150 per person administration fee plus applicable third-party airline and supplier fees.
- Cancellation more than 60 days before departure: Loss of deposit.
- Cancellation within 60 days of departure: 30% of package price.
- Cancellation within 30 days of departure: 50% of package price.
- Cancellation within 14 days of departure: 100% of package price.
- If flights are cancelled by the airline due to COVID-19, fees will be subject to the specific airline policy in effect at the time.
- If the cruise, tours or accommodations are cancelled by the supplier due to COVID-19, a full credit or refund will be offered.
- The operation of tours, cruises, hotels, activities, attractions and restaurants are subject to availability and minimum numbers. The operating schedule may be impacted without notice by adverse weather, closures, COVID-19 or other factors beyond our control including force majeure. The itinerary and its order, sightseeing and transportation may be adjusted as deemed appropriate by the operator for logistical reasons and for your safety and enjoyment. Listed hotels may be substituted with properties of a similar standard. Any reference to ‘optional’, ‘not included’ or ‘exclusions/excluded’ means at your own expense.
- Force majeure means any natural disaster, accident, fire, act of God, act of war, terrorism, legally binding judgment, injunction, action of a court or other relevant authority, emergency, unplanned repairs, maintenance, strike, industrial dispute, work ban, blockade or picketing, travel ban, pandemic, epidemic or outbreak of infectious disease, or other event beyond our reasonable direct or indirect control. In case of force majeure or other extraordinary event that prevents safe travel, the supplier reserves the right to adjust, postpone or cancel the trip.
Talk to an Expert
At My Holiday Centre we are:
- Holiday Experts
- Based in Australia
- Passionate and professional
- Here for you every step of the way
- Keen to find you the best deal
- Ready to answer all your travel questions
|Mon - Fri (AEST)||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Sat - Sun (AEST)||10:00 am||4:00 pm|