YOUR HOLIDAY AT A GLANCE
Experience Fraser Island’s newest and most comprehensive eco-tour with a small group (max 24 guests). Explore both coasts of the world’s largest sand island and tick off all the bucket list spots such as Lake McKenzie, 75 Mile Beach, Eli Creek, Maheno Shipwreck, Champagne Pools and more.
Low Deposit from $199*pp
- 2 Nights at Kingfisher Bay Resort in an Upgraded Wallum Spa or King Resort Hotel Room
- 1 Night at Eurong Beach Resort in a Resort Hotel Room
- Breakfast Daily at Both Resorts
- 2 Full Days of 4WD Touring with an Eco-Accredited K’gari Guide & 2 Lunches
- National Park Fees & Fuel Levies
- BONUS Room Upgrade
- BONUS Sunset Bar Drink
- BONUS $50 Resort Activity Credit
- BONUS Return Hervey Bay Airport or Hotel Transfers to River Heads Jetty^
- BONUS Return Ferry Transfers to Fraser Island~
- $500 Exclusive Bonus Value
Day 1: Welcome To Fraser Island
Arrive at River Heads for a ferry transfer to Fraser Island and check-in at the resort after 2pm. Enjoy full access to resort facilities including three restaurants, four bars, four lagoon pools, Island Day Spa, K’gari Discovery Centre, tennis courts, a gift shop and general store.
Overnight: Kingfisher Bay Resort
Day 2: K’gari 4WD Tour (B, L)
Enjoy breakfast at Sand & Wood Restaurant and prepare overnight belongings for the first day of your two-day 4WD adventure in paradise. Iconic highlights across the two days include Lake McKenzie, Central Station, Pile Valley, 75 Mile Beach, Eli Creek, Maheno Shipwreck, The Pinnacles Coloured Sands, Indian Head, Champagne Pools and Lake Wabby (itinerary order will vary due to tides and local conditions). A la carte lunch will be served at Eurong Beach Resort.
Overnight: Eurong Beach Resort
Day 3: K’gari 4WD Tour (B, L)
Start the day with breakfast at McKenzie’s on 75 Restaurant and rejoin your tour to visit the attractions not covered on day 2. Enjoy a picnic lunch on tour along with morning/afternoon tea.
Overnight: Kingfisher Bay Resort
Day 4: Depart Fraser Island (B)
Leisure time before your ferry transfer back to the River Heads mainland.
Important Note Regarding Transfers
Complimentary airport-island transfers operate at scheduled times (not on demand) and must be pre-booked. Transfers are strictly subject to you providing your arrival and departure information. See ‘Important Info’ for details.
Deal Code: MT-60006
VALID FOR TRAVEL
Departs Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6 September – 28 March 2022
Travel is not available for any departure that includes a stay during 10 September, 18 September – 3 October 2021, 22 December 2021 – 9 January 2022.
Lake McKenzie – Fraser Island’s most iconic swimming spot -relax along the pristine white silica shore and be immersed in the crystal-clear fresh water.
Central Station – admire the towering trees growing from sand and explore along the rainforest boardwalk.
Pile Valley – wander through the subtropical rainforest and marvel at the centuries-old Satinaytrees and towering palms.
75 Mile Beach – cruise Fraser Island’s beach highway and join Air Fraser for a scenic joy-flight over the island (optional extra).
Eli Creek – wade through the shallow waters or float downstream towards the Coral Sea!
Maheno Shipwreck – visit the famous rustic ruins that was once a luxury cruise liner. Washed ashore in 1935 it is now a photographer’s paradise!
The Pinnacles Coloured Sands – be amazed by these spectacularly technicoloured sand cliffs and the Dreamtime tale of how they were formed.
Indian Head – as the most easterly point of the island, marine life such as turtles and rays are often spotted in the waters around the base of this rocky headland.
Champagne Pools – experience this amazing natural jacuzzi, as crashing waves meet the volcanic rock pools along the shore.
Lake Wabby – trek across Hammerstone sand blow with our expert guide and be rewarded with a dip in this emerald-green freshwater oasis.
Wildlife – Diverse wildlife are present on Fraser Island with dingoes, birds of prey and whales (July to October) seen on Fraser Explorer Tours. Spot wildlife from our 4WD coaches with custom-built panoramic windows. Keep an eye out for Fraser’s most famous resident – our pure-bred dingoes!
Local Guides – Your guide is a Fraser Island expert with local knowledge and a passion for the destination. You’ll explore some of the most beautiful spots and learn fascinating facts about the island’s history, fauna and flora. They’ll drive you across the sand tracks and navigate the tides and unique terrain, as you relax in air-conditioned comfort.
Small Group Eco-Touring – Intimate small group experience (max 24 guests) with advanced ecotourism accreditation.
KINGFISHER BAY RESORT
Relax in style with an eco-escape at Kingfisher Bay Resort along the Island’s western beach before and after your 4WD tour. Exclusive bonuses include a complimentary upgrade to Wallum Spa Resort Hotel Room or King Resort Hotel Room, Sunset Drink Voucher per person and $50 Activity Credit per room. All activities below are optional extras at your own expense and bookings may be required.
- Bush Tucker Talk & Taste: Tantalise your tastebuds and sample a selection of native bush cuisine, presented by a Resort Ranger and Seabelle’s Executive Chef.
- Sunset Bar: Enjoy a cocktail and watch a magical sunset over the Great Sandy Strait. Pre-order a cheese, antipasto or prawn platter at Reception prior to 2:00pm, on the day required.
- Maheno Bar: Poolside drinks, cocktails and light bites – the perfect pre-dinner spot.
- Sand & Wood: Our newly launched restaurant draws on unique flavours and influences from Australia, Asia and the Pacific.
- Seabelle Restaurant: Savour the flavours of Fraser and enjoy a menu of bush tucker-infused sensations curated by our award-winning culinary team.
- Sea Explorer: Cruise Fraser Island’s west coast, and explore the remarkable UNESCO awarded Great Sandy Biosphere! Options include West Coast Explorer and Sunset Cruise.
- Ranger-guided Canoe Paddle: On this tour you’ll set out with an experienced Ranger on an easy paddle from the Jetty to Dundonga Creek.
- Ranger-guided Walks & Talks: Options include Ranger-guided Eco Walk, Ranger-guided Wallum Walk, Ranger-guided Night Walk and Ranger-guided Great Sandy Strait Walk
- Ranger-guided Segway Tour: Explore the western beach on a onehour eco-adventure and learn about the landscapes and unique wildlife from our Ranger team.
- Junior Eco Rangers (5-12): Interactive wildlife experiences that create a greater connection to the environment of Fraser Island.
- Island Day Spa: Our curated spa journeys offer nourishing beauty treatments, massages and soothing rituals.
- K’gari Discovery Centre: Walk through a series of informative panels and striking photographs that give an insight into the unique and complex ecology of the world’s largest sand island.
- Tennis Courts: Available to all guests, visit our Reception for easy access to sporting equipment.
- Self-guided Walks: Immerse yourself in nature by taking some time to smell the wild flowers. Kingfisher Bay has a number of self-guided walks in and around the resort.
- Poolside Lounging: Enjoy the resort’s four lagoon pools and base yourself on one of our sun lounges.
EURONG BEACH RESORT
Based on Fraser Island’s iconic 75 Mile Beach, Eurong Beach Resort offers a coastal paradise closer to lesser known but equally spectacular spots such as the hidden oasis of Lake Wabby. Rooms are recently renovated with a private kitchenette and balcony or patio. Facilities include McKenzie’s on 75 Bar & Restaurant.
Flights, meals not stated, travel insurance, optional activities and anything not explicitly listed under inclusions are at your own expense.
A low deposit from $199 per person is required to secure your booking. The final balance will be due 3 months before departure. If adding flights, the full cost of flights will be due immediately.
Twin or double room pricing: From $899 per adult, $699 per child (4-14 years old).
Twin or double room configuration: 1x queen, 1x king single bed (max 2 guests).
Triple room pricing: From $899 per adult, $699 per child (4-14 years old).
Triple room configuration: 1x queen, 1x king single bed (max 3 guests sharing bedding).
Single room pricing: From $1299 per adult.
Single room configuration: 1x queen (max 1 adult).
Children less than 4 years of age are not permitted to join the tour. Children must be accompanied by an adult in each room.
Prices are correct at time of publication and are subject to availability, change, cancellation or withdrawal without notice. All prices are in Australian dollars per person twin share unless stated otherwise.
Kingfisher Bay Resort complimentary room upgrade to Wallum Spa Resort Hotel Room or King Resort Hotel Room is subject to availability on arrival.
SUNSET BAR DRINK
A Kingfisher Bay Resort Drink Voucher per person can be redeemed at the Sunset Bar for standard beer, wine or soft drink.
$50 RESORT ACTIVITY CREDIT
A $50 Kingfisher Bay Resort Activity Credit per room can be redeemed when booking Tours, Sea Explorer Cruises and Ranger Activities.
HOW TO GET TO HERVEY BAY
Hervey Bay is located approximately 4.5 hours north of Brisbane and is serviced by daily flights via Sydney or Brisbane. You may self-drive or book your own flights or the Tilt Train to match the scheduled transfers below. Airport and island transfers must be pre-booked.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING TRANSFERS
Complimentary airport-island transfers operate at scheduled times (not on demand) and must be pre-booked. Transfers are strictly subject to you providing your arrival and departure information. Please refer to the transfer timetable when making your transportation arrangements to Hervey Bay.
^HERVEY BAY AIRPORT OR ACCOMMODATION TRANSFERS
Return transfers from the airport or commercial accommodation in Hervey Bay to River Heads Jetty can be requested and must be pre-booked (min 2 pax). This service is unable to meet any flights departing Hervey Bay prior to 10:30am or arriving after 2:30pm. Arrival & departure times, flight or accommodation details must be provided at the time of booking. Set transfer times below are scheduled services (not on demand) and subject to change by the third-party operator:
1. Transfer Departing Hervey Bay Airport (HVB): 10:30, 12:30, 14:00 and 14:45 (approx. 30 min journey).
2. Transfer Departing Hervey Bay Commercial Accommodation: Approx. 1 hour before ferry departure (approx. 60 min journey).
3. Transfer Departing River Heads Mainland Reception: 09:05, 12:00, 13:05, 15:35 and 17:45.
~ISLAND FERRY TRANSFERS
Return ferry transfers from River Heads Jetty to Kingfisher Bay Resort can be requested and must be pre-booked. Arrival and departure times must be provided at the time of booking. Ferry times below are indicative and subject to change by the third-party operator:
1. Ferry Departing River Heads Jetty: 09:00, 13:00 and 15:30 (approx. 50 min journey).
2. Ferry Departing Kingfisher Bay Resort Jetty: 07.50, 10:30, 14:30 and 17:00 (approx. 50 min journey).
Guests must arrive at the meeting point at least 45 minutes prior to the selected departure time. A shuttle service will depart 10 minutes prior to the ferry.
Self-drive meeting point: Shop 7/54, River Heads Shopping Village, River Heads Road, River Heads QLD 4655.
EXTEND YOUR STAY
Due to high demand and limited availability of these special rates, bookings are not confirmed until confirmation is sent; usually within 48 hours.
PEACE OF MIND POLICY
If the hotel accommodations or tours are cancelled by the supplier due to COVID-19, a full credit will be offered. If flights are cancelled by the airline due to COVID-19, your booking will be subject to the applicable airline policy effective at the time of cancellation.
Each change: $150 per person administration fee plus applicable airline and third-party supplier fees.
Cancellation more than 60 days before departure: Loss of deposit and airfare (if applicable).
Cancellation within 60 days of departure: Loss of 75% of package price.
Cancellation within 30 days of departure: Loss of 100% of package price.
A moderate level of fitness is required. You will be expected to alight from vehicles on your own accord.
Baggage is limited to one 20kg bag per person. This limit supersedes any other baggage allowance.
Every effort will be made to accommodate you in the hotels, properties or rooms listed. In the unforeseen event that the listed hotels are not available, properties or rooms of similar standard will be provided. All hotel ratings are local or self-ratings provided by the supplier. All rooms will be lead-in category or run of house unless otherwise specified.
Please notify us of any special dietary requirements at the time of booking but note that not all choices can be catered for.
Flights are not included but can be added to your package (ex Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane only). Our friendly team can assist with a quote. Payment for flights will be required in full at the time of booking.
The operation of tours, cruises, trains, hotels, activities, attractions and restaurants are subject to availability and minimum numbers.
The operating schedule and itinerary may be impacted without notice by adverse weather, seasonal factors, closures, local conditions, COVID-19 or other factors beyond our control including force majeure. The itinerary and its order, sightseeing and transportation may be adjusted as deemed appropriate by the operator for optimum safety, enjoyment and operation.
Final documentation will be emailed within two weeks of departure of the respective travel component.
Travel insurance is not included and is strongly recommended. Ask our holiday experts for great coverage options.
Force majeure means any natural disaster, accident, fire, act of God, act of war, terrorism, legally binding judgment, injunction, action of a court or other relevant authority, emergency, unplanned repairs, maintenance, strike, industrial dispute, work ban, blockade or picketing, travel ban, pandemic, epidemic or outbreak of infectious disease, or other event beyond our reasonable direct or indirect control. In case of force majeure or other extraordinary event that prevents safe travel, the supplier reserves the right to adjust, postpone or cancel the trip.
The pricing, terms and conditions listed herewith shall prevail in the case of any ambiguity or contradiction with other terms.
Talk to an Expert
At My Holiday Centre we are:
- Holiday Experts
- Based in Australia
- Passionate and professional
- Here for you every step of the way
- Keen to find you the best deal
- Ready to answer all your travel questions
|Mon - Fri (AEST)||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Sat - Sun (AEST)||10:00 am||4:00 pm|