- 3 Nights at the Hilton Darwin
- 3 Nights at the Hilton Adelaide
- 2 Nights on The Ghan
- Daily Breakfast
- Included ‘Off Train’ day excursions
- Solo supplement only $500
Exclusive Bonus Value
- Wine & Dine Hotel Credits
- Hilton Darwin & Adelaide Room Upgrades
- Darwin Harbour Sunset Dinner Cruise (valued at $220)
- Adelaide River Cruise (valued at $230)
- Chef Prepared Special Meals
- Food & Wine Barossa Valley Tour (valued at $338)
Why We Love It
- Experience the Top End and Red Centre in absolute comfort
- Travel aboard The Ghan
- Stay at Hilton Darwin
- Stay at Hilton Adelaide
My Holiday Centre Package Inclusions
- 6 nights, 4 & 5 star centrally located hotel accommodation
- 2 nights inclusive Gold Service aboard The Ghan
- Daily breakfast and selected special meals
- Indulgent Darwin Harbour sunset dinner cruise valued at $220
- Half day Adelaide River Cruise with Jumping Crocs valued at $230
- Beverages and chef-prepared cuisine aboard The Ghan
- Off train excursion options in Katherine, Nitmiluk Gorge & Alice Springs
- Full day escorted Barossa Valley Wine and Food Experience tour valued at $338
BONUS Inclusions at Hilton Darwin
- Guaranteed upgrade to Harbour View Room
- Breakfast Daily
- Bottle of wine on arrival
- Late check-out to 1PM
- $100 Meal Credit
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Unlimited Movies
- 2 x Drink Vouchers per stay (Beer, Wine or Soft Drink)
BONUS Inclusions at Hilton Adelaide
- Guaranteed upgrade into Deluxe Room
- Breakfast Included
- Bottle of wine on arrival
- Late check – out until 1pm
- $50 Food and Beverage Credit
- Daily Drink Voucher of $30 per day
Deposit from $2360*pp
Single Supplement Price: $500 per person
** Please note single cabins utilise recently refurbished shared bathroom facilities.
- Pre-tour travel to Darwin / from Adelaide
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Personal expenses and anything not mentioned
ADD ON great value car hire from just $178 including:
– Guaranteed complimentary upgrade from manual to automatic
– No additional driver fees
– Unlimited kilometres
– 24-hour cancellation
- Day 1: Arrive Darwin
Start your North to South Australian rail adventure in beautiful Darwin today. Check into the Hilton Darwin and enjoy free time to explore this compact, easy to navigate city. Rich in aboriginal culture and history, Darwin is host to a variety of festivals, markets and a renowned food scene.
- Day 2: Darwin – Adelaide River Experience (B)
After a relaxing start and free time this morning, join an exciting half day river cruise on the Northern Territory’s Adelaide River. Home to over 1,600 crocodiles, learn about these incredible reptiles, their habitat and watch as some leap out of the water at the promise of buffalo meat. The river and surrounding wetlands also teem with an array of bird life. Visit beautiful Fogg Dam Conservation Reserve before the comfortable return to Darwin in the early evening.
- Day 3: Darwin Free Day with Sunset Dinner Cruise (B, D)
Today is free to explore Darwin and surrounds and take full advantage of Hilton Darwin’s outstanding hospitality and amenities. This evening be treated to a 2.5-hour sunset cruise aboard the air-conditioned catamaran, ‘Charles Darwin’. A territory-inspired banquet dinner is served while cruising Darwin harbour, as the sun sets magnificently into the horizon.
- Day 4: Depart Darwin – The Ghan (B, L ,D)
Make your own way to Darwin Station this morning, taking to time to check in and board the legendary Ghan train for departure at 10am. From Darwin, take in remarkable Top End views while enjoying your chef-prepared 2 course lunch, before stopping in Katherine for an afternoon of unique touring. Experience one of the region’s most impressive natural wonders near Katherine; stunning Nitmiluk Gorge lies within the massive Nitmiluk National Park and you’ll have the chance to explore it from the water with guided cruise options – an unforgettable experience. A delicious 3-course dinner is served with a selection of included wines and beverages in the elegant Queen Adelaide restaurant.
- Day 5: The Ghan (B, L, D)
Next stop is Alice Springs, where more Off-Train Excursions await. Explore Simpsons Gap, tour the town attractions, or get up close to some of the Red Centre’s native wildlife. Delicious dinner on the train is followed by an extraordinary outback experience. Stop at Manguri siding to view the Milky Way as you have never seen it before. Simply breathtaking.
- Day 6: The Ghan – arrive Adelaide (B)
From your cabin window this morning, see a dramatic change in landscape, as the rich ochre tones of the outback make way South Australia’s green fields. Enjoy a leisurely brunch as you pass through the majestic Flinders Ranges and prepare for your arrival into Adelaide, completing one of the world’s great travel experiences. On arrival into Adelaide at 1pm, make your way to the nearby five-star Hilton Adelaide, for check in and free time.
- Day 7: Adelaide Free Day (B)
Take a leisurely start today, with a full free day to relax at the Hilton Adelaide and explore the historic city as you please. Nearby your accommodation are cafes, restaurants, heritage buildings and famous markets. Enjoy fresh air in the many parks and open spaces.
- Day 8: Adelaide – Full Day Barossa Tour (B, L)
A visit to South Australia wouldn’t be complete without a day discovering the Barossa Valley and its outstanding wine and produce. Visit award-wining cellar doors and Maggie Beer’s wonderful Farm Shop before lunch at Lambert Estate, featuring seasonal, regional produce. Pair this with a glass of wine (own cost) from the deck of this popular vineyard. Then, take in more panoramic views and finish the day with house made chocolate and paired wines at Barossa Valley Chocolate Company before returning to Adelaide for the evening.
- Day 9: Depart Adelaide (B)
Check out and make your own way home today.
Valid for travel: 31 January, 7 February, 14 February, 21 February, 7 March, 14 March, 21 March 2021
- Deposit: $2360pp
- Single Supplement: from $500 per person
- All prices are subject to change, availability, redemption and book by deadlines.
- All prices are AUD per person twin share unless otherwise specified.
- Due to the high demand and limited availability of these special rates, bookings are not confirmed until confirmation is sent; usually within 48 hours.
- There is no discount for children travelling on this package
- Triple share is not available on this package
- Deposit is fully non-refundable after 14 day cooling off period.
- Non-refundable balance is due 60 days prior to departure.
- Changes are allowed free of charge up to 20 January; strictly subject to availability, train fees and fare differences once trains have been booked.
- Cancellation within 14 days of purchase (providing purchase is 60 days or more prior to departure): 100% refund.
- Cancellation between 14 days of purchase and final payment due date 60 days prior to travel: Loss of deposit only.
- Cancellation within 60 days of travel: 100% of package price.
- Each person is entitled to a strict maximum of one bag not exceeding 20kg on tour, regardless of any other baggage allowance.
- Porter service is not included and you are expected to carry your own bags.
- Luggage and personal effects are your own risk and we hold no liability for lost or damaged belongings.
- Final documentation will be emailed within two weeks of departure of the respective travel component.
- The itinerary and its order, sightseeing and transportation may be adjusted as deemed necessary for optimum safety, enjoyment and operation of the tour.
- If attractions are not available due to reasons beyond our control such as closures or adverse weather, similar alternatives will be provided where possible.
- Included admissions provide general entrance to the attraction and do not include secondary admissions or expenses inside the venue.
- Any reference to ‘optional’, ‘not included’ or ‘exclusions/excluded’ means at your own expense.
- Hotel star ratings are either local ratings or self-ratings provided by the supplier.
- All rooms will be lead-in category or run of house unless otherwise stated.
- The tour and its optional programs may require minimum numbers to operate.
- It is a condition of booking that you must always remain with the tour according to the prescribed program.
- Departure from the group or deviation from the set itinerary are not permitted unless written prior consent is obtained, otherwise you risk cancellation of remaining land and air arrangements.
- All efforts must be made to resolve issues on tour with the tour leader.
- Complaints must be submitted in writing with substantiated evidence within 10 days of trip completion.
- Please notify your guide of any special dietary requirements but note that choices may be limited or not catered for.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is strongly recommended.
- Force majeure means any natural disaster, accident, fire, act of God, act of war, terrorism, legally binding judgment, injunction, action of a court or other relevant authority, emergency, unplanned repairs, maintenance, strike, industrial dispute, work ban, blockade or picketing, travel ban, pandemic, epidemic or outbreak of infectious disease, or other event beyond our reasonable direct or indirect control.
- In case of force majeure or other extraordinary event that prevents safe travel, we reserve the right to adjust, postpone or cancel the trip.
- The pricing, terms and conditions listed herewith shall prevail in the case of any ambiguity or contradiction with other terms.
Talk to an Expert
At My Holiday Centre we are:
- Holiday Experts
- Based in Australia
- Passionate and professional
- Here for you every step of the way
- Keen to find you the best deal
- Ready to answer all your travel questions
|Mon - Fri (AEST)||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Sat - Sun (AEST)||10:00 am||4:00 pm|